Hey beautiful people of the world!
As Autumn has approached us I wanted to do a recipe post for easy, quick and warm meals. This recipe in particular I literally make every week, because it is so simple to create. The majority of the ingredients you most probably will already have in your kitchen.
Since I have become older with age, I am stricter on what is entering into my body. A lot of pre-made sauces have added chemicals to make the sauce last longer, which normally means a lot of salt! My boyfriend is Italian, so I have influence from his style of cooking concocted with my way.
Below is the list of ingredients for 3-4 people; with the method in writing and images.
- 500g of Cherry/Plum Tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a white onion
- 1tbsp of italian seasoning
- 2 pinches of salt and pepper
- 40 ml of Olive Oil
- 125ml of water
- 5 leaves of basil
- 1 tsp of tomato puree
- Chilli (Optional)
- Wash tomatoes in a colander.
- Cut all into halves and put in a bowl.
- Dice up half an onion and put with the tomatoes.
- Peel both cloves of garlic and squish it with the side of your knife.
- Add a teaspoon of italian seasoning with the salt and pepper.
- Put half of the water in the saucepan.
- Put on a low heat and do not forget to put the lid on top of the saucepan, as this adds moisture to the sauce.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil and stir into the ingredients as this help cook the onions quicker.
- When it starts to thicken; add the remaining water and tomato puree.
- Add roughly 5 leaves of basil.
- If you want some heat to your source add a chilli in for a kick of spice.
- Turn off heat and leave for it to infuse.
- Get a blender and whizz up all the ingredients.
- Put it in a mason jar or be eco-friendly and recycle an old jar.
- Leave in the fridge overnight as everything infuses in the sauce.
- Then ready to serve!
Go on and try and make this sauce yourself!
Feel free to leave comments below on what you thought about this home-made tomato sauce and if you are interested in more Autumnal recipes. Don’t forget to follow my blog for updates as well as my Instagram @tahjana_mccoy.